It is so nice to come home to a fully cooked meal. Last night, I put some food in the crock pot before bed, and we came home to a fresh pot of vegetable soup after church today.
Put some cornbread in the oven, and everyone is happy!
Crockpot Vegetable Soup
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth (chicken broth would work as well)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Cup Chopped Carrots (frozen would work too)
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 3 Red Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Add 1 lb of cooked ground turkey or beef
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
Place vegetable broth, water, tomato sauce, veggies, beans, and potatoes in crock pot. Cook on low 8-12 hours or high 4-6 hours. The ground beef or turkey can be added at this time too, but I like to add it in during the last hour of cook time if possible. Scoop into bowls and top with sour cream and cheese.