What a great time of year to have something pumpkin-y for breakfast. I saw a post the other day for a breakfast porridge, but decided to adapt it for our family. We had it this morning, and I got thumbs up from my kids.
The great thing about this recipe is you can change it up however you want. Don't like one of the fruits in this recipe? Substitute if for another one! It was nice to serve something different for breakfast, and the pumpkins and apples are always a treat for fall.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient)
- 1 cup coconut milk (any milk will work)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- walnuts or almonds, crushed (optional)
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend the bananas and pumpkin puree. Add the milk and eggs and blend to combine.
- Pour into pot and heat over medium heat. Add butter, vanilla, and cinnamon and stir constantly.
- Once warm, whisk in coconut flour and keep stirring until well incorporated.
- Spoon into bowls and top with diced apples, raisins, and nuts.
- Makes 4 bowls