I just love chocolate. It's my downfall when it comes to healthy eating. I can say no to fried foods and packaged foods, but I'm going to cheat a little if there's a warm, gooey brownie in front of me. So, in my attempt to find something healthy to satisfy that craving, I experimented today. I'm really shocked these turned out so good, and the kids ate one and loved it too. You'd never know there's NO FLOUR, OIL, OR SUGAR IN IT! A-mazing.
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter or other Nut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp.-1 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Milk of Choice (use 1 Tbsp. if leaving out maple syrup)
- 1/2 Tbsp.- 1 Tbsp. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- few drops of vanilla
- Tiny pinch of baking soda
- Mix all of the following in a small microwavable, single serving bowl. Small ramekins are the perfect size. Heat in microwave for 1 minute and 25 seconds. Viola! You're done and you have yourself a yummy treat that's not bad for you but is still delicious! Can you tell I'm excited about this!?
Note: I tried it with Almond Butter and Peanut Butter and thought it was a little dryer with the Almond Butter, but it was still good!