Sunday, March 15, 2015

Healthy Individual Brownie Cakes

I just love chocolate.  It's my downfall when it comes to healthy eating.  I can say no to fried foods and packaged foods, but I'm going to cheat a little if there's a warm, gooey brownie in front of me.  So, in my attempt to find something healthy to satisfy that craving, I experimented today.  I'm really shocked these turned out so good, and the kids ate one and loved it too.  You'd never know there's NO FLOUR, OIL, OR SUGAR IN IT! A-mazing.




Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp. Apple Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter or other Nut Butter 
  • 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp.-1 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Milk of Choice (use 1 Tbsp. if leaving out maple syrup)
  • 1/2 Tbsp.- 1 Tbsp. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
  • few drops of vanilla
  • Tiny pinch of baking soda
Directions:
  • Mix all of the following in a small microwavable, single serving bowl.  Small ramekins are the perfect size. Heat in microwave for 1 minute and 25 seconds. Viola!  You're done and you have yourself a yummy treat that's not bad for you but is still delicious!  Can you tell I'm excited about this!?
Note: I tried it with Almond Butter and Peanut Butter and thought it was a little dryer with the Almond Butter, but it was still good!

If you've never used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips before, give them a try.  They are gluten, nut, soy and dairy free, but they taste wonderful! Buy them on here for a cheaper price (this is for a 6 pack of them).

No comments:

Post a Comment