Beets. They are one of those vegetables that just don't sound too appealing. Am I the only one? They just look like a lot of work, and I don't know what to do with them. I tried making something with them once, they didn't taste very good, so I kind of just gave up on them. Until recently. My aunt made some roasted vegetables when we went to her house for dinner a few weeks ago. They were great, and beets were part of the medley. She said that roasting them is the best way because it caramelizes them and gives them a great flavor. So today, I roasted some beets! Enjoy!
- 2-3 Beets, Peeled and chopped small
- 1 Bag of Baby Carrots, cut into small chunks
- 3 Large Red Potatoes or 2 Large Sweet Potatoes or combination of both, diced
- 2 Apples, diced (I didn't peel them)
- 2 Tbsp. Oil of Choice (I used Avocado Oil. Coconut oil or Olive oil would work great too.)
- Generous sprinkling of a high quality sea salt. Here is a good choice.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After all of the vegetables have been diced, toss in oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring half-way.
The apples give the vegetables a slightly sweet flavor. Yummy!